Back to the blogging!

I've just had about a month off from challenges and a break from social media posting about my 40 race challenge. Hats off to the bloggers out there that write regularly. I find it very hard as I've never been much of a writer. I have to admit I did enjoy the break. 

There's been no break in the training though apart from work getting in the way a lot of the time, oh what I could achieve if I didn't have to work full time! 

After my successful bid for a place in the Prudential Ride London 100 mile cycle ride and the London to Brighton Bike Ride coming up, I have invested in a turbo trainer to clock up the cycling miles in preparation. Newsflash - watching TV whilst cycling for 2 hours just doesn't cut it. I associate TV with relaxing so working up a sweat just doesn't feel right and the turbo - even though I bought a good one thats apparently not noisy - it still is, well enough that you have to turn the sound on the TV right up. But my young children are usually in bed (I have to squeeze in the training hours when I can) so I can't have the TV on loud enough to hear the plot so its pointless. So I watch music channels on silent and listen to downloaded music on my iwatch, which is exactly like being in a boring gym....and two hours of it zzzzzzz. Tips please to ease the boredom. I look at my lounge door longingly just wanting to jump off the bike and run outside. I'm a runner....not a cyclist and turbo training just doesn't light my fire!

I've also been changing my running training in preparation for my ultra marathon. I'll be completing 100km over two days on the weekend of 25th/26th May so I need to get used to doing longer distances over consecutive days. Which is going well - I've created a few more long distance trail runs in my playground of the South Downs on Strava....which I can't wait to try out.

I went to a Grassroots Changemaker meeting yesterday evening which involved discussing the development of the changemaker role (which is new) and how we can support each other whether that involves fundraising or helping the charity with the various skills we all have and the outcome was so positive and I feel big changes are afoot - I love this charity and hopefully over time I can inspire others to support them.

Watch this space for more event write ups and a follow up to my previous blog, "Self help in a suicide crisis - really?" which I plan to research a bit further and give you my thoughts. Hope you are all being kind to yourself and and others x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 12 - Brighton Half Marathon 2019

Event 1 - Southwater Relay Sunday 2nd Sept 2018