Event 18 - Run2music Brighton

This event is a 5km,10km or half marathon route by Dukes Mound on Madeira Drive. The plan was for the kids to take part in the 5km and I’d continue to complete the 10km. The weather forecast was rain but I wasn’t worried.... we’d invested in fancy dress wigs to keep the rain off!! The unicorn wigs were an absolute hit with the girls....and the supporting crowd it seemed. Seb however wanted the earth to open up and swallow him whole, poor kid, making him wear a luminous green Afro. It’s all character building you know haha!!
Around 40 + Runpals we’re officially signed up for this event but I have a feeling there were more?! Love doing events with these guys. High fives, encouragement, loads of fun, just amazing! Shout out to the minipals who really were anything but mini. Theia just kept saying “I’m running on my own” “I’m running on my own” Miss Independent! And Alyssa didn’t just win the 5km junior race she was the fastest female on the course - wow!
My first 2.5km was slow and steady with the kids. Amelie had been given the school bear for the weekend (thank goodness we’d have something to write about on the book lol). We tucked him into my running backpack, albeit precariously, but he luckily stayed put. Run walk was the order of the day. I liked that I could hear the music most of the way round the whole course so that kept the good vibes up. Amelie had a bit of a stitch at the end of the first lap so she decided to wait for us by the cake stall mmmmm? One child down, we then embarked on the second lap and we spotted a group of the Runpals guys and they invited Seb to run the 10km with them. It didn’t need an answer - second child down. Sienna and I made the most of the second lap - skipping most of it and really enjoying the unicorn love. At the end of the 5km Amelie joined Sienna and they ran triumphantly over the finish line to collect their medals. Third child down, it was my turn to keep the km’s going. I’d seen Debbie a few times and wanted to catch up to run with a Pal so I sped round the third lap. I was now starting to feel the heat in the unicorn wig! Fourth and final lap and with my Pal Debbie and friend Petter we completed the fourth and final lap. Hats off to those two and many of the Runpals who ran Parkrun as well as this event today - we really do like running don’t we?!! A massive group of the Runpals crew were there in force at the finish line, loud as ever,  cheering us on, amazing feel good feeling all round - thanks guys. Loved today, love all you lot, till next time x








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 1 - Southwater Relay Sunday 2nd Sept 2018

Event 6 - Angels Walk