Event 22 - Colour Obstacle Rush 2019

A fun, messy, friendly event (sadly for over 12’s only) otherwise it’s family friendly. Myself, Seb and his friend Zeb made our way to Brighton Racecourse in the glorious sunshine. This is an obstacle run over 4km with powdered paint being chucked all over you! We had a few packets of colour given to us at the beginning and an event t-shirt so we got a bit messy before we even started. We crossed the track to the the start for the warm up and I heard someone call “mum” and there was my eldest son Josh working as a marshal! He’d been called up late last night to support the event - what a lovely surprise! The music is pumping pretty much throughout this event which makes the atmosphere very upbeat. No one really runs so we jogged and walked between the obstacles. The obstacles were fun and quite a few I hadn’t seen before so that kept my interest. We raced on quite a few as you go three or four at a time on each obstacle which was super fun but Seb and I ended up with friction burns on various parts of our bodies,  not too bad though. I think this event is quite expensive in comparison to others but it’s stress free, fairly well organised and the most important thing is, it’s fun. This was a lovely no pressure event for me....I’ve had a few biggys recently and I have a very long sea swim in 3 weeks to worry about so this was just what I needed.
Next week it’s Event 23 Maverick East Sussex Trail Run - very hilly but over a nice easy distance of 15km. Catch you next week x








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 1 - Southwater Relay Sunday 2nd Sept 2018

Event 6 - Angels Walk