Event 33 - Britri Stamina VII Back to the Future

On a very cold January 2020 morning, Britri members and junior tristars gathered in Stanmer Park for the seventh stamina event. Seb and I really enjoyed last years event so it was a no brainier we’d turn up to this one. This is a two hour endurance event with a bit of map reading thrown in, and some strategy. Hill running is the order of the day - not everyone’s cup of tea but for me it’s a great way to get you up and down hills as you don’t want to let your team down! 
Seb had a virus that lasted since mid December, I’ve been very worried about him. He was desperate to do this event with me as he had serious cabin fever!! So I relented and let him take part. He did a super job and really enjoyed himself. He needed to rest after this event though, it does take it out of you if you are not 100%
The other bonus today was receiving my limited edition Britri Woody hat - gotta love a bobble hat lol it’s got the most giant bobble I’ve ever seen! 
Sadly mine and Seb’s team didn’t win today but it’s the taking part that counts. Getting out there early in the morning in the fresh air making the most of the stunning British countryside, give me that over a lie in any day, oh how times have changed! 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 12 - Brighton Half Marathon 2019

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 1 - Southwater Relay Sunday 2nd Sept 2018