So who's up for an event or two?

Before anyone thinks getting involved in this challenge isn't for them - think again. I want anyone who has the inclination to try something new and fun or even just a mild interest in this challenge or the cause I am raising money for, to join me on one of the challenges or as many challenges as you like. That's why I've picked such a variety of events. Some you can just walk and even bring your dog (Angel's Walk), others are family affairs such as the Santa Inflatable Run and the Brighton Music 5km where kids are welcome (yep even the big kids out there!).

Before anyone thinks I'm some sort of race fanatic, think again. I have four children, run a small business full time, I have cellulite and I'm clearly a little bit nuts to even contemplate some of these events! Therein comes the Dorking Nuts Challenge, how could I not take part in that one with a name like that?! I've never done a triathlon, I've never run a half marathon let alone a marathon and I've never swam any distance in the sea further than about 20m and then floating whilst enjoying the Mediterranean sunshine.

I completed the Great South Run when I was in my early 20s and I've used running as a stress reliever over the years, sometimes achieving good fitness results but with my hectic life my fitness is very inconsistent. I have done plenty of practice for the Surrey Bacchus Half Marathon, a race with wine tasting stations along the route. I'm talking about the wine tasting part (in case you were wondering), I have children, remember.

So come on people, what are you waiting for... check out my Facebook Events  for dates and times of all the challenges and get those race entries in, please don't make me do this alone haha!! The more the merrier! Some groupies would be nice too if you really don't feel up to the "BIG" ones! Cheering me & the team on is very much welcomed 😘



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 12 - Brighton Half Marathon 2019

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 3 - Autumn Wolf Run, Pippingford Park