Event 8 - Seagulls Festive Funrun 2018

9th December 2018 - This event was a family affair in more ways than one. Of course Brighton and Hove Albion has to be the biggest family in Brighton and all of our family went, Gareth, Seb, Sienna, Amelie and me. And when we arrived, our Runpals family was also there in the masses! This was a short run of 2km so the little ones can take part and for me the biggest draw was getting the blue Santa hat! It was a very chilly day and we all congregated in the stadium to meet gully and say our hellos to fellow runners! This was my second attempt at doing an event with all three of my youngest children - fingers crossed! We all set off in good spirits and wait for it..........about 200m into the run and just out of eyesight of Daddy, Amelie decided she didn't want to run. Who could have guessed lol?! After coaxing, cajoling, bribing and begging to no avail, I picked Amelie up and just ran with her in my arms but after a while that got pretty exhausting as despite my protestations, Amelie just keeps on growing and is now pretty big at the age of 4 but in age 5-6 clothes. Luckily the tailwalker for the event was a lovely mum that I met at Peacehaven Swimming School and she recognised me and felt my pain and offered to for Amelie to walk with her so that I could run with Sienna who then wouldn't have to run alone. The rest of the funrun went without a hitch and Sienna absolutely loved it. We were almost last in but that didn't matter - because there was a medal! And we even made it in to the local paper!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 4 - RISE 8km Undercliff Run for Women in Saltdean

Event 12 - Brighton Half Marathon 2019

Event 1 - Southwater Relay Sunday 2nd Sept 2018